I walked into daycare this morning and found out that they are closing his center in October. I was like what the hell! They are right on the campus of where I work which has been great. Now I need to find a new place to send him. He had just moved into the next class and was finally getting over the transition even with a teacher he sorta knew from two classes ago. He has such a hard time with transitions. He cried every morning for two weeks and this time I would have to move him into a completly new building with new teachers and new children and new everything. I am very on edge about this.
My personality is to quick research everything and call up places and get tours and find him a spot so I don’t have to stress. However, if I do that that means securing him a spot and starting the transition to the new class soon. However, they don’t close until October. Should I wait? I don’t want to wait too long incase spots fill up, but luckily he is in a bigger class ratio age range.
There is a daycare that we originially toured that I sorta liked and my boss’s child goes there. I liked the current daycare he is in now better, but it is very close to my house. Hub’s is always saying he wishes that LM went closer to our house because right now he has to drive the other way from his work to drop him off if I am out of town. I looked up online and they do have a high rating for our state, but I remember not liking the infant room as much. Maybe I would like the older class better? Gah I hate that I have to make these choices again and move him from where he is comfortable and what we know.
What would you guys do? Call and get a tour and a spot now or wait it out and let him enjoy his summer?
- Posted in: Uncategorized