Sorry. I got bad about updating again. I feel like I’ve been running around a lot and haven’t updated. I wish it was easier to update on my cell phone. What’s new?
- LM had a virus last week which made him not want to eat for a whole week and was waking up multiple times a night. There was one night when hub’s was out of town and I got 3-4 hours of sleep, had to work a day of work, and then the in-laws came over and “helped”. Not fun. We are finally coming off that.
- We have a modified barium swallow scheduled in about a week or so where LM eats stuff and they can tell if there is any anatomical issues. His SLP doesn’t think they will find anything.
- LM has declared he wants only table food. He gets majorly fussy when we try to offer him puree. He is gagging a lot less which is great, but he doesn’t always eat much table food. So we are still working on finding soft table foods that he will eat and actually swallow enough of to get some calories from it. It stresses me out worrying if he is getting enough calories, but he is doing a lot better. The pediasure helps. So far he likes french toast sticks, cheese sticks, veggie straws, banana, biscotti, baked beans, meatballs (from italian wedding soup) and english muffins.
- We have a walker! LM started walking at 13 months. I am so happy that he reached a gross motor milestone actually a little early on the spectrum. He can take about 8 steps or so before he falls down on his hands or butt. His PT is mega happy. He is on once a month now for PT.
- I took him to his first swim class this past thursday. At first he wasn’t sure what was happening, but he quickly warmed up to it. He loved laying on his back and kicking his legs and when I raised him up in the air and then plopped him back in the water. There were big smiles and cooing.
- I’ve kinda fallen off the wagon for weight loss. I’m still trying to eat well, but I’m not exercising as much and putting as much effort into it. Need to get back into it.
- Posted in: Uncategorized