Happy 4 months little man! I can’t believe he is four months old. What is new with little man recently?
- Last time he got weighed he was just about 14 pounds. He will get weighed tomorrow at a doctor’s visit and I bet he will be 14 pounds and maybe half way to 15 pounds.
- Is now on prevacid for his reflux – 1ml in the morning and 1ml at night.
- I’m not sure if it’s the prevacid helping his reflux or what, but he went from drinking 4oz bottles to 6oz bottles. When we first started with the 6oz bottles he was eating every 2-2.5 hours. Now he eats about every three so he is taking in around 36 ounces of formula!
- He is “talking” a lot. He coos and goes on and on for minutes like he is telling a complete story. It’s pretty cute.
- He has been scratching his face up a lot. I am wondering if his face is dry, but I have been reading that it might have something to do with his reflux. We are going to keep his nails trimmed and maybe put socks on his hands at night.
- He was giggling the other day and it was very cute.
- One of his favorite games is peek-a-boo
- He loves to snuggle on his blankets and bring them close up to his face. He also tends to kick them off himself while in his chair.
- He has tons of energy and will sit in his chair after eating (we keep him upright for 30 minutes after eating) and kick up a storm.
- He will lie on his back and scoot with his legs and move himself across the changing table
- He is working on rolling over, but gets stuck half way. The pt says that it’s because of his torticollis (tight neck muscles) that caused his flat spot. We started him in physical therapy once a week to help strengthen his neck muscles and help with his gross motor development.
- We have an appointment tomorrow morning to see if he needs a helmet because of his flat spot. I have a lot of emotions about this, but I will save it for a blog post after his appointment.
- He enjoys daycare and his caregivers. He is a light sleeper there though and doesn’t sleep much while he is there. So when he comes home he sleeps from when I put him in the car to his next feeding which is usually about three to four hours.
- Last night he slept for eight hours during the night! I would say that is sleeping through the night. I was sad I had to wake him up to get ready for work. I wonder how long he would have slept if I was able to let him sleep as long as he wanted.
- Posted in: Uncategorized