I feel like I haven’t written a real what is up with me entry in a while even though I did just post like three days ago. This entry is going to be in bullet form because I have lots of thoughts swirling around in my head.
- This week I am 17 weeks pregnant. Or as some people would say I am in my eighteenth week. That still confuses me sometimes. I am still amazed every week that goes by that I am still pregnant and doing well. I am so happy to still be pregnant and happy. I can’t believe that in three weeks I will be half way through this pregnancy. We are about two weeks away from finding out if turtle is a girl or a boy. I am also hoping they will not find any defects.
- I am totally behind in commenting. I read all of your blogs at work through my google reader when I get some free time. However, I don’t feel comfortable logging into my wordpress at work because I don’t want my site to be on their radar if for some reason they check what websites I am looking at. Yes, I’m paranoid. So I read, but I don’t comment. I save the posts for when I get home from work to comment on, but a lot of the time I don’t get through that many before I poop out and go to bed. So just know that I am reading your entries even though I’ve been a bad commenter.
- I leave this sunday for a conference with my co-workers that will make for a long three days, but hopefully good. The conference is in Orlando, FL which should be fun. Hubby is still having issues with his work, but I think in the worst case scenario (which prob will happen) I will get about a day by myself and then he will fly up thursday night and we will have two days to spend in the Disney parks. I have been doing a lot of research on how to enjoy Disney while pregnant. I’m nervous about how my stomach will do flying down and all the logistics (I’m a major planner and the trip involves switching hotels), how I will do with the long days and all the walking, but I think it will all work out in the end.
- I’m still wondering if I am feeling the baby kicking or not. I think I am, but I can’t tell you for sure. It could just be gas, round ligament pain or things just shifting around. I wish I could get a kick and know for sure that is turtle.
- I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am actually having a baby shower – two in fact. My parents and my hubby’s side of the family are both planning baby showers in June a couple of weeks apart. I never thought I would get pregnant and be able to have my own baby shower so this is amazing to me. I am sure I will get teary and cry through most of it. I was talking to hubby about it this morning and he said wow you will be huge then since it’s two months away from your due date. I was like gee thanks lol.
- I have been trying to use my big long body pillow I got, but I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I’m having issues situating it right so I can be comfortable. A lot of the time I will wake up because the pillow fell on the floor or I just can’t get comfortable so I throw it on the floor and just sleep with out it. I can still sleep on my stomach, which makes me nervous but it’s the most comfortable way for me to sleep. I will keep working on it though.
- Last week my parents were here for the weekend and it was valentines so I ate a lot. I gained two pounds that week. I was feeling a little bad about that since I was only supposed to gain one pound a week. This week I was more careful and I didn’t gain anything this week! Yea! So now my weight gain for the two weeks has evened out and I am still on track. Woot for that.
- Posted in: Pregnancy