Research Study and an award
Yesterday while working I noticed a quick posting about a research study the place where I work is doing. It’s for first time mom’s who are less than 14 weeks pregnant to study a couple of different things. In the post it said that the main thing would be three visits with free 3d ultrasounds with images I could take home. Three extra ultrasounds that are 3d? That got my interest peaked. So I called yesterday and left a message to get more information. The nurse just called me back. She said at the beginning there would be some swabs (ugh) and there would be blood work and urine collection. Then I would also do some swabbing on my own with a qtip in the bathroom at the other two visits. She also mentioned getting a small part of the placenta after my child was born. I told her I would think about it. First I was all gung ho because of more ultrasounds. Now I’m not sure because of the swabbing and the small part of the placenta. Though I have no idea if I am even doing the cord blood thing, but she said we could still do that if I wanted. What do you guys think? It is pretty close to where I work and it would mean I would get an ultrasound in like a week, but now I’m not as 100% as I was. Oh and one other thing I probably should mention – I sorta know the ob who would be running the study. I don’t know him know him, but I know him in passing and he has sat in on a few of my work meetings. Would that be weird? I talked to my hubby about it and he said the only reason I am wanting to do this study is more ultrasounds because I’m nervous and that’s a dumb reason to do a study and that doing this is just feeding my nervousness. He said it was up to me though.
The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 other bloggers and let them know about their award!
Ok 7 things about myself….
1. I am a giant kid at heart. Love carebears and hello kitty and all sorts of kid toys still.
2. I am a major computer/technology geek wannabe. I know a lot about computers and technology. More than the average person and can hold a conversation about the gadgets, but I can’t program or do anything really cool. I do read many technology based websites though.
3. My favorite foods are pasta, sushi, cheese (can’t really eat much of it now because of slight lactose intolerance), chocolate, salty things like chex mix. Yum.
4. I wish I was more crafty and could make cute stuff like scarfs, bags, or the kind of stuff you see on etsy.
5. I am a major homebody and enjoy hanging out at home and doing at home stuff. I do get bored though and like to go out and do things. I’m just not a person who goes out every night to do something new or someone who hangs out with a lot of people.
6. I can fall asleep in the car very easily. When I was little and I would not stop crying my parents put me in the car so I would stop crying. I would fall asleep in the car and I still do.
7. I am more out going in my blog and twitter than I am in real life, but I’m working on it.
I’m supposed to nominate 15 people for this award, but I’m taking a quick break from working from home so whoever would like to fill this survey out please do. I nominate you!
- Posted in: Infertility