This morning I called into my RE’s office to ask a bunch of questions. Here is what I came up with..
- Jan 14 is the IVF start date. They only have one date this month. They had two before because they were trying to fit cycles in before christmas. I don’t know what the date is that my in-laws family is getting together, but it might be after it. *fingers crossed*
- I have a consult set with my RE December 3rd to discuss next steps for IVF and everything.
- I asked about my beta – I counted and I will be 15 dpo by beta. I asked if that was right and I mentioned I think she figured that out thinking I was going to do two iui’s when I only did one. She counted it out for me and said that I could do my beta tomorrow instead of waiting till wednesday. I am happy about that. I want to just know for certain. Tuesday will also be a quieter day than wendesday if I need it. I am not spotting as much at all today, well so far, but works toilet paper is awful in telling what color things are. It just looks wet no matter what it is.
- The clinical trial is still going on so I could do that and they are scheduling for that soon. She said that the consult with my RE is perfect timing to get into that.
- I will have to have a repeat sono. Damn it. She said they are only good for six months. Guess I will be going back on my friend valium. Maybe it will be less painful this time since I know what’s going to happen.
- I also have to have a mock transfer. Maybe they would do that on the same day? I am not sure. More valium please. I’m kinda scared about this.
- I was asking about the timing of my trip and she said that I would know if I was pregnant by then, but it would be in the early stages. She said things can happen in the early stages in any pregnancy and it might be hard to start spotting and be out of town and not be able to come get the peace of mind to see what’s going on. So she said it’s up to us and the RE. Something to think about. She said I would probably be in the ultrasound stage by that point.
- She said that some IVF cycles can run longer than planned, but they have more drugs than with an IUI cycle to control things
- I will have to get definite dates from the RE, but in figuring out if my trip was a problem we figured that Jan 14 I would start meds, Jan 17-25 I would have monitoring, and somewhere between Jan 26-28 I would have my egg retreival. Five days later I would have my transfer and then 14 days later I would have my beta. This surprises me because I know a bunch of you who did ivf only had one week waits. Is that normal? I leave on my trip Feb 27th. So we will see.
Also I wanted to thank you all so much for your comments. Many of you have said that if I do have to go through the IVF route, which it is looking like I will, that you will support me every step of the way and get me through it. I am going to need you guys and I appreciate you guys being there for me. I don’t know what I would do with out you guys. So I guess we find out tomorrow for sure that it’s a bfn and go from there.
- Posted in: Uncategorized