The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks to Arlyne for this award!
For this award, here’s what to do:
1. Thank whoever gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.
3. Pay it forward by nominating 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
1. I started my first medicated cycle with my RE in July 2009. That means I have been cycling with him for an entire year. I am down three cycles of clomid, one and a half with femara, and I’m now on my third cycle of Follistim. My blog also started in July of 09.
2. I am on the look out for more bloggy friends since a lot of mine have gone to different places in their IF journey and some have stopped blogging as much. I’m looking forward to ICLW this month and looking to find more people in similar points of their journey.
3. I am a bit of a girly girl in that I like pink, sparkles, looking cute, hello kitty, and such. But I am also a bit of a tomboy in that I like to wear comfy clothing (t-shirts and shorts), play computer games, and am into the nerdy culture.
4. I like to cook and eat. I follow a lot of food bloggers and love the stuff they make. However, I’m getting sick of my own cooking and a lot of the time don’t feel like making anything for dinner. I wish some of those food bloggers would come cook for me.
5. I am a big wimp. I don’t like roller coasters, fast anything, or anything daring. I think part of it has to do with I get motion sickness easily.
6. I want to get a dog in addition to our cat, but my husband is not into it. I think our kitty needs a friend and I would love to have a cute dog that I could actually take out of the house and go places with. However, I am already anxious leaving my cat for a weekend, I’m not sure how I would do with two pets, especially one that needs more – like taking it out to go to the bathroom and such.
7. I don’t drink. I like wine coolers, but even then I will only drink one. I’m a major light weight.
Anyone who is reading this and would like to do this survey, please do!
In terms of my cycle, I’m still going. I got stuck twice last night because our vial of 600iu of follistim ran out. It was dumb, I got 66.6iu in one stick and then had to get another stick with just one click of 25iu. The second click really hurt. I think my stomach is getting sick of being poked. I have a lot of sore spots, but not much bruising. I have been feeling more bloat and cramping lately so I hope that is good news. We will see how the 75iu of follistim is treating me tomorrow morning. My husband is going on a business trip in two weeks. I’m really hoping that I will be in the 2ww by that point, but it makes me a little nervous that I will still be cycling or having my first iui then. *fingers crossed*
Today at work I was in my boss’s office while she was on the phone. She was talking to HR about how pregnancy leave works and if she would have to use flma and such. I was like crap she is pregnant. While talking she whispers to me, I’m not pregnant, I’m just planning. I know she has always said she wants a second child, but was going to wait until she had the right amount of leave saved up. I wonder how close she is getting. So yea. She did share what she learned with me so that was interesting.
I’m thinking of making a small banner or button. I have noticed that there are a lot of girls out there who are having the same issues as me – long ass cycles, thin lining, low estrogen, slow to respond follicles. I was thinking of making a cute button with a turtle standing on a thin line or something similar and calling it the Turtle Club. I don’t have awesome button making skills, but I was going to try to see what I could make. Would anyone be interested in putting this up on their blog as well?
- Posted in: Infertility