Happy 100th entry to me. I wish I could have some positive news for this entry, but oh well. I had a big discussion with the husband over dinner last night on what we were going to do. I was getting nervy having everything up in the air and not knowing what we were going to do. I did a bunch of internet research on some topics and he put his thoughts in. In the end we decided on doing a cycle of Femara. Femara might be a bust and do nothing, but here is our reasoning.
1. Femara is supposed to help women with PCOS respond better than clomid
2. Clomid helps you get a lot of follicles (well it didn’t for me), while femara is supposed to help you get one good one
3. Femara is cheaper than injectables and there is a coupon online to get 30 days free
4. Clomid thins your lining, has side effects, and messes up your cerv.ical mu.cus while Femara does not do any of these
5. I read on the net many women who did ovulate on clomid and never got a bfp, but got a bfp the first or second cycle on femara.
6. Husband is nervous about injectables and wants to try something else first. He is nervous about the cost and the fact that we could get too many follicles and have to cancel the cycle. He is all for just having one good follicle.
7. I feel like I would wonder what would have happened if we didn’t try it and just moved into more evasive things. It may drive me crazy because nothing might happen, but we will at least have more data.
8. I’ve heard clomid along with PCOS can make you ovulate late. Each time I’ve been on clomid my cycle has gotten longer and longer. I want to see if Femara will shorten it any.
9. If I do get this position it might be helpful to not have a more involved cycle like injectables which I’ve never done before the first month I’m working there.
So we shall see what Femara brings. Hopefully a shorter cycle, a better follicle, and a bfp.
Had my second interview and I think things went well. I did say something about appointments, but nothing about fertility or pregnancy, because I was asking about flexible hours. They didn’t seem that phased so *fingers crossed* I will hear from H.R if I get it, though I’m not sure when they are going to call. Probably some time after christmas. I hope everyone has a great holiday!
- Posted in: Infertility